Sight & Hearing Programs Directory
Eyeglasses, Hearing Aids & Exams Resources
- Lions Eyeglass Assistance Program (LEAP)
Through partnerships with vision providers and Lions Clubs of Oregon, U.S. residents 18 and older living at 200% or below of the Federal Poverty Level are eligible for free eye exams and eyeglasses.
- Hearing Assistance (ROAR!)
The ROAR! Hearing Aid Program provides FREE high quality, rebuilt hearing aids through our Hearing Aid Bank. Thanks to Lions volunteers and to partners like JRS Acoustics and used devices drop off sites state-wide, we’ve helped thousands regain their hearing and their hope.
To access these programs, applicants must call the Lions in Service line at (971) 270-0203 phone or e-mail their contact information and request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sight & Hearing Surgery or Treatments
- Patient Care Program
This program provides sight and hearing surgeries and related medical treatments for low-income adults. In the past 12 months, our state-wide network of medical professionals provided 175 vital sight and hearing surgeries for Oregonians in need.
To access this program, applicants must call the Lions Foundation main office at (800) 635-4667 e-mail their contact information and request to email@example.com.
To qualify, a client must:
- Be a resident of the State of Oregon for at least 2 years.
- Be sponsored by his or her local Lions, Lioness, Leo or Lions Auxiliary Club.
- Be qualified according to the financial guidelines of the Lions Patient Care Program that are set at 150% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Be without other resources to pay for treatment. This includes private insurance coverage as well as insurance available through the Affordable Care Act.